INDIA HAS A HIGHER SKILL SET IN EYE TREATMENTS COMPARED TO OTHER COUNTRIES.
Col. (Retd) M. Deshpande, Chief Medical Director – Poona Blind Men’s Association’s H. V. Desai Hospital – Pune. He has been on a journey from being a common student like any of us to getting an opportunity to join the Indian Army and later joining the hospital at the early stage when it was just a 2-room hospital to now a renowned hospital. Below are some Awards/Honours won by him:
- Vishita Seva Medal (VSM) by President of India in 1992, for high order in eyecare to armed forces
- Asia Pacific academy Ophthalmologists for outstanding service in prevention of Blindness award, Busan, Korea, 2012
- Best Clinical Presentation Trophy, 1987
- TNOA Dr G Venkat Swamy Community Ophthalmology Award, 2015
- Dhanvantary Award NCP Cell, 2009
- Maharashtra Ex-serviceman League Award, 1995