Vitreo Retinal: A Group of Eye Disease that affects the Retina
Dr. Vatsal S. Parikh is a Vitreo Retinal Surgeon of repute. There is an interesting background to this. He developed a passion to become Retinal Surgeon as his father had Retinal Detachment in 1969 when he was in 7th standard, and he had undergone 10 eye operations. Thus, an early family exposure to the trials and tribulations of Retinal Detachment reinforced his decision to join the medical fraternity as a Vitreo Retinal Eye Surgeon.
- He has done fellowship at the renowned Sankara Netralaya (Chennai) in Retina Vitreous in 1988.
- His paper on bimanual vitrectomy for advanced diabetic retinopathy was selected as the best paper at all India ophthalmic society’s annual conference at Bhopal in 2006. He has also won the first prize in an essay competition at the All India Ophthalmic Conference, Ahmedabad in 1989.
- He was awarded the Vocational Excellence Award by Rotary Club of South Bombay in 2010.
- He has ISO 9001-2000 certified, fully equipped and computerized establishment for Vitreo Retinal work at prime location “Opera House”, Mumbai.
- He served as Secretary of Bombay Ophthalmologists’ Association (BOA).
- He is an active international member of American Academy of Ophthalmologist (AAO) and attending Annual Academy meet every year since many years.